RPM Laser Therapy’s Laser Quit Smoking Program uses laser acupuncture techniques to help clients quit smoking. The treatment is non-invasive, drug-free, pain-free and is completed in just one hour. Additionally, we provide our clients with a free unlimited 8-week follow-up booster support program. If you feel your cravings starting to return, we will treat you free of charge as long as you haven’t started smoking again.
How It Works
The question we hear most often is how does our laser quit smoking program help someone stop smoking? In order to understand how our treatment works, you first need to familiarise yourself with the science of addiction.
Nicotine is a highly addictive substance which some addiction experts claim can be more difficult to quit than heroin or cocaine. When nicotine is ingested, a chemical response occurs in the brain and various neurotransmitters such as dopamine and endorphins are released. These neurotransmitters are responsible for producing feelings of happiness, heightening positive emotions, and creating a sense of reward. This creates a brief mood-altering high followed by a crash which leaves the user wanting more. As you continue to ingest nicotine, your body starts to require higher amounts of the substance in order to achieve the same effect. The repeated cycle of cravings and reward is what leads to addiction.
This is why our laser quit smoking program to stop smoking works! It fights addiction on a physical level. We use light energy to stimulate various acupressure points on the body. In doing so, we promote the release of these same neurotransmitters (dopamine and endorphins) without introducing nicotine to the body. This offsets physical cravings and withdrawal symptoms, and allows the body to heal and repair itself.
When combined with a desire and readiness to quit, laser therapy can be an extremely effective method to stop smoking.
Program Overview & Cost
- Initial Consultation: lasting approximately half an hour, the initial consultation provides you with the opportunity to meet your laser therapist and discuss your smoking history. Your laser therapist will then work with you to assess your readiness to quit, identify your psychological and social triggers and ways to overcome them, and to discuss whether or not the treatment is a viable option for you at this time.
At RPM Laser Therapy we do not proceed with treatment unless both you and your laser therapist agree the treatment is the appropriate next step for you in your stop smoking journey. We want you to be successful and understand success is more likely to occur when you are ready, willing, able and motivated to quit. The consultation is free of charge and there is no obligation to schedule treatment.
- Laser Quit Smoking Treatment: the initial treatment takes approximately one hour to complete. During this time, various acupressure points on your head, nose, ears and hands are stimulated using laser acupuncture techniques. Light energy passes through the skin causing the release of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and endorphins. The treatment is completely pain free and non-invasive. In fact, most people report feelings of relaxation both during and immediately following treatment.
- Follow-up Booster Support Program: our clinic offers a free 8-week follow-up booster support program to ensure you receive any ongoing support you may need following your initial stop smoking treatment. These treatments are approximately 30 minutes long and are scheduled either at the end of your initial session, or on an as-needed-basis by you.
Smoking addiction is unique in that it consists not just of physical cravings, but also of psychological and social triggers. While we do teach you coping methods and techniques to help assist you with these triggers, sometimes the craving can be strong and further assistance is required. Provided you have not smoked, these treatments are completely free of charge during the 8-week program. Laser therapy treatments have a cumulative effect meaning each treatment builds off of the previous one helping you vanquish and ward off your cravings.
How to Prepare for Treatment
- To ensure the nicotine does not hinder the effectiveness of the laser treatment. High levels of nicotine in the body will compete with the treatment session thereby limiting the desired physical response required for you to receive the full benefits from the therapy.
- To allow your therapist to properly assess the strength of your reaction to the treatment and whether or not a follow-up booster session should be scheduled. If you have higher levels of nicotine in your body it is impossible for your laser therapist to distinguish how much of your remaining physical cravings (if any) are caused by the residual nicotine in your system or the results of the laser.